Phone interpreting is our most commonly requested service. If you need to communicate with a non-English speaker, telephone interpreting is a simple way to instantly communicate. As one of the world's leading providers of telephone interpreting, Translations Services USA offers a very simple to use and extremely effective service.
Types of Interpreting Services We Provide
There are several methods of interpreting that have special skills and requirements. Translations Services USA can provide interpreting in these situations as well, such as:
- Conference interpreting: The interpretation of an institutional or private conference.
- Legal and court interpreting: The interpretation of witnesses' testimony for example, or the interpretation of entire proceedings.
- Focus group (marketing) interpreting: Interpreting on behalf of clients of participants in any given focus group.
- Escort interpreting: An interpreter accompanies a person or a delegation on a tour, on a visit, or to a meeting or interview.
- Public service interpreting: A type of interpreting in fields such as local government, social, housing, environmental health, education, and welfare services.
- Medical interpreting: Medical interpreting consists of communication between medical personnel and the patient and his or her family.
- Sign language interpreting: An interpreter will render a hearing speaker's speech into sign language for a deaf party.
Get a Price Estimate
What is interpreting?
Language interpreting or interpretation is the intellectual activity of facilitating oral and sign-language communication, either simultaneously or consecutively, between two, or among three or more, speakers who neither speak nor sign the same source language. Functionally, interpreting and interpretation are the descriptive words for the activity; in professional practice interpreting denotes spoken language, while interpretation denotes translation studies work. This important distinction is observed to avoid confusuion between the interpreter and the client.
Functionally, an interpreter orally translates a source language to a target language; likewise in sign language. The interpreter's function is conveying every semantic element (tone and register) and every intention and feeling of the message that the source-language speaker is directing to the target-language listeners.
Which languages are covered?
According to federal guidelines, the following 15 languages are the most spoken non-English languages and must be covered:
- Chinese (Simplified & Traditional)
- French (European, Canadian & Creole)
However, Translations Services USA has interpreters available in almost any language. Just ask!
Get a Price Estimate
Our rates for phone interpretation can start as low as $0.50 per minute depending on your needs, contract, and language availability.
Get in touch with us now to learn more and set up a meeting to discuss how we can best serve you.
Additional Interpreting Information and Resources
- Interpreting Services
- Translation Services USA now offers high quality interpreting services in addition to our professional translation services. We only use qualified linguists for our face to face interpreting services, which means that you can be certain they will be of the very highest quality. Translation Services USA can provide interpreters for most major languages. In fact, we offer interpreting services in over 100 languages. Learn more.
- Consecutive Interpreting
- Consecutive interpretation is a mode in which the interpreter begins their interpretation of a complete message after the speaker has stopped producing the source utterance. At the time that the interpretation is rendered the interpreter is the only person in the communication environment who is producing a message. In practice, a consecutive interpretation may be rendered when the interpreter does not have a text in its entirety, that is, the person delivering the source utterance may have more to say, but the interpreter has enough information to deliver a message that could stand alone if need be. It is important to note that although the person who originated the message has ceased their delivery of new information, this speaker has not necessarily given up the floor and, once the interpretation has been delivered, the speaker may resume delivery of their message. Learn more.
- Simultaneous Interpreting
- A simultaneous interpreter is - as you can tell by looking at the words - someone who interprets for someone in another language while the speaker speaks without interruption. This is the opposite of consecutive interpreting, because a consecutive interpreter awaits his turn and does not start speaking until the speaker allows him the time to do so. Simultaneous interpreting is one of the most common kinds of interpreting. But also the most difficult. Very few translators (who are used to getting the time to really think about their translations) can do it, and not even all interpreters can do it well. Learn more.
- Interpreting Equipment
- In order to participate in a multi-lingual meetings simultaneous interpretation equipment is required. In most cases mobile soundproof booths are required, which can be erected in the conference room. The simultaneous interpreters sit in the booths wearing headphones and listening to the conference via our sound system. Speaking into a microphone, their interpretation is distributed around the room enabling delegates to listen to their preferred language. Learn more.
- Interpreting Vs. Translation
- Despite being used interchangeably, interpretation and translation are not synonymous, yet both refer, respectively, to the spoken and written transference of equivalent meaning between two languages. Interpreting occurs in real time, in the physical, televised, or telephonic presence of the parties for whom the interpreter renders an interpretation. Translation is the transference of meaning from text to text (written, recorded, sign), with the translator having time and access to resources (dictionaries, glossaries, etc.) to produce a faithful, true, and accurate document or vebal artefact. Learn more.
About us and our interpreters
All our interpreters are highly qualified and rigorously screened so that you can be sure we provide only the highest quality and accurate interpreting. We have specialists that interpret in many fields to ensure that your interpretation is not only fast, but accurate in specialized vocabulary and terminology. We only accept skilled, educated, native speakers, and we've implemented a strict screening and training process to ensure accuracy for our clients. Furthermore, our Interpreters are bound by confidentiality agreements to guarantee privacy and confidentiality.
Translations Services USA combines state-of-the-art technology with a transparent pricing structure to create an amazingly quick and reliable service. Unlike many of our competitors we do not insist on a maximum time limit. You only pay for the time you use, keeping the costs to a minimum.
Interested? Use the quote request form to get more information from one of our representatives.